LinkedIn Learning is the updated version of Lynda's online training library with thousands of high quality, current and engaging video tutorials free to King's staff and students. Building on Lynda's extensive library of contect with a new user-centric interface. New courses added weekly to help you learn business, software, technology and creative skills and achieve personal and professional goals.
Visit the KEATS LinkedIn Learning courses for guidance on the pedagogically appropriate use of tools, detailed how-to information and relevant case studies.
To get started have a look at the collections created by CTEL
How to use LinkedIn Learning
Suggested collections for students
The How to use LinkedIn Learning collection provides an overview of Linkedin Learning and its different uses, including ways to teach and study with LinkedIn Learning.
Suggested collections for staff
- The KCL Students: Personal Skills collection for students includes useful videos related to developing personal skills. The videos cover learning with LinkedIn Learning, increasing reading speed and comprehension skills, managing productivity and improving study skills.
- The KCL Students: Writing Skills collection for students is aimed at increasing writing skills through various topics, including writing a research paper, writing in plain English and writing under a deadline.
- The KCL Students: Research Skills collection for students covers topics such as information literacy, foundational concepts in academic research and strategies for choosing the proper research methodology.
- The KCL Students: Digital Literacy collection for students is focused on promoting digital literacy and citizenship skills, as well as helping students understand the essentials of web security.
- The KCL Staff: Teaching with Technology collection for staff provides an overview of digital skills for applying universal design for learning principles with technology, using technology to prepare and share content and assessing learning and teaching effectively in online environments.
- The KCL Staff: Teacher Tips (TEL) collection for staff provides a wide variety of teacher tips, including various software options available for teaching. Staff can choose which particular software they would like to integrate into their teaching and watch the relevant video in the playlist.
- The KCL Staff: Using Moodle (VLE) collection for staff includes useful resources on working with Moodle, the institution’s virtual learning environment (VLE).
- The KCL Staff: Accessibility, Tools and Design collection for staff focuses on teaching using accessibility and design for e-learning frameworks, and highlights teaching techniques on making accessible learning, visual design principles and gamification of learning.