KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

Frequently Asked Questions

King's College London, Guy's Campus

What are the entry requirements for IBSc programmes?

Entry requirements are largely the same for our programmes, with some exceptions. Please see the Entry Requirements page for full details.

Can I apply for more than one programme?

Applicants can only submit one application but should express a second choice programme in their personal statement.

Is there a set format or template for the academic reference

For students applying to King's from another university

There is no set format, template or length for your academic reference although different institutions may have their own local templates.

In general the letter should:

  1. Be from your personal tutor or another member of academic staff who knows you well
  2. Be provided on letter headed paper
  3. Include the full name and signature of your referee
  4. Comment on your progress so far during your studies, any outstanding achievements and other qualities that the referee considers relevant (for example your attitude towards colleagues, interest in a particular area of study, extracurricular activities etc).

Am I guaranteed a place on a specific module or research project? 

Admittance to an intercalated BSc programme only guarantees a place on modules that are core to that programme. Optional modules and research projects may have limited places and be subject to additional selection criteria. Capped modules and research project confirmations will be emailed in August 2019.

What if I cannot complete my examinations in May 2020?

Where you have been granted replacement examinations due to mitigating circumstances and you can take the replacements prior to the beginning of the next academic year, your initial offer will remain until their completion. If you are required to repeat the year you would need to re-apply for the intercalated BSc the following year.

Can I apply if I am studying outside the UK?

Unfortunately we can only accept applications from students who are studying Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Sciences in the UK or Ireland.

My home institution will not grant me permission to intercalate at this stage. Can I still apply?

Yes, you may still apply. However, if your home institution will not grant you permission to intercalate we reserve the right not to consider your application until permission has been granted. This may affect your chances of getting a place on your chosen programme.

Who should I contact for more information?

Please see the Contact Us page for who to contact, depending on the query.


Current King's students should also refer to the FAQs on the King's internal website.

Explore King’s


Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses. 

Student life

Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.


Discover the huge variety of extra-curricular opportunities at King’s, from MOOCs to language courses.

London living

With four campuses by the River Thames and one in south London, King's is right in the heart of the capital.

Next steps

View a prospectus

Learn more about the degree programmes on offer at King's. Download or view a prospectus in PDF format.

Undergraduate prospectus

Postgraduate guide