Professor Maria Rosa Antognazza
Professor of Philosophy
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 2553
Address Room 508, Philosophy Building
King's College London
London, WC2R 2LS
Research interests and PhD supervision
Professor Maria Rosa Antognazza was educated at the Catholic University of Milan. Professor Antognazza has held research and visiting fellowships in Italy, Germany, Israel, Great Britain, and the USA, including a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship (1997-2000) and a two-year research fellowship from the Leverhulme Trust (2003-5). She joined King’s in 2003 from the University of Aberdeen.
- History of philosophy, especially early modern and G. W. Leibniz
- Philosophy of religion, especially religious epistemology, the relationship between science and religion, metaphysical issues in philosophical theology & religious toleration
Professor Antognazza's research interests lie in the history of philosophy (especially early modern and G. W. Leibniz) and in the philosophy of religion (especially religious epistemology, the relationship between science and religion, metaphysical issues in philosophical theology, and the philosophical and theological foundations of religious toleration).
Professor Antognazza welcomes enquires from prospective research students seeking supervision on any area connected to her research.
For more details, please see her full research profile.
- Leibniz: An Intellectual Biography (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008)
- Leibniz on the Trinity and the Incarnation: Reason and Revelation in the Seventeenth Century (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2007).
For a complete list of publications, please see Maria's full research profile.
Expertise and public engagement
Professor Antognazza has previously taught on the following modules:
- 5AANB004 Spinoza and Leibniz
Professor Antognazza also supervises BA and MA dissertations, and numerous MPhilStud and PhD research students.