Our course dives into the evidence-based theory of emotional intelligence to help you adapt and tailor your management style to get the best out of yourself, your team and colleagues. You will immediately apply what you learn to your own context and practice using your new tools to enhance your success.
The course also features an individual coaching session so that you can explore your specific challenges and opportunities in a safe and confidential setting before returning to implement your learnings in your role.
Indicative programme outline*
This course takes place in a blended format: two live online commitments and a full day in person at our central London executive education campus.
Complete a short self-assessment report to discover your emotional intelligence competencies and preferences.
A half day working virtually live with the course director and participants in a group workshop learning about the science of emotional intelligence and reflecting on your own experiences.
|Your individual coaching session
An individual coaching session conducted virtually with the course director, where you will explore your self-assessment report in depth and discuss personalised next steps in your leadership journey. You will be able to pre-book your coaching session to work around your professional and personal commitments.
|Full day in person
Join us at our central London campus to conclude the emotional intelligence strategies work, define your personal development action plan and network with your cohort in person.
*Please note the exact timetable may be subject to change.
Terms and Conditions for executive short courses.
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed for anyone who works with other people and wants to improve their working relationships and impact. You do not have to be managing a team, but we advise that you are managing a team, project or individuals to get the most out of the course.
- In order to allow all participants to get the most out of the course we require you to have at least five years’ of relevant full-time work experience.
- The full fee for this course is £1,500.
- We offer a number of corporate, group and individual pricing bursaries and options to support your studies. Contact us or check our website to discuss your needs. We are also happy to support you in creating a business case to for sponsorship from your employer.
The King’s Leadership and People Management Programme is a highly complementary course for this programme, building on the leadership competencies explored and enhanced by emotional intelligence. We are pleased to offer a package discount for participants of this course who also choose to join The King’s Leadership and People Management Programme. Contact us for more details.
Developing your emotional intelligence will enable you to utilise powerful techniques and tactics to enhance your working relationships and achieve better outcomes in scenarios such as:
- building high performance teams
- resolving conflict
- building your own resilience
- leading and managing effectively
During the programme you will work with a small group of ambitious professional peers on practical strategies to leverage EI strengths and improve EI weaknesses.
You will leave the course with:
- A deeper understanding of your current capabilities and how they affect your workplace performance (conflict resolution, change management, teamwork, decision making and more).
- New knowledge and personalised strategies to develop your EI capabilities.
- An individual EQi 2.0 report measuring distinct aspects of your emotional and social functioning that affect workplace relationships. The report includes guidelines, tips and tailored content for you to implement to support your ongoing development.
- Actionable insights from a one-to-one coaching session that you can take back to your professional context and implement immediately. This session will also explain your EQi 2.0 report and identify developmental opportunities.
It was important for me to look into my leadership style and be more resilient in this ever-changing world. One of the big highlights was my one on one coaching with Dr Ali Budjanovcanin, it shone a light on some of the areas you are not aware of and need to improve. Learning in a group from diverse countries and sectors was immensely useful and insightful. I would recommend this course to anyone who leads a team and is a leader making decisions for their team or company.
Jatin Khanna – CEO at Saravar Hotels and Resorts
Learn from the experts
Dr Ali Budjanovcanin is a specialist and lecturer in Work Psychology. Her focus in research is on professional careers, organisational leadership and emotions in the workplace. Specifically Ali studies how individuals adjust both positively and negatively to their careers. She is currently examining how organisational leaders use technology for communication in achieving their objectives.
Ali has worked with a broad range of institutions and has been published in leading journals. She is a trained coach and experienced executive education course leader, also co-directing The King’s Leadership and People Management Programme.
EQ is about a set of skills that we can learn and improve, which will allow us to make constructive use of our own and others emotional responses. In improving those skills we become much more adept at influencing people and can change our working relationships for the better. When you come away from this course, not only will you have a better idea of where your strengths and areas of improvement are on 15 different key skills, but you’ll be well equipped with ideas around how to tackle interpersonal challenges in your own working life.
Dr Alexandra Budjanovcanin, Course Leader