26 November 2021
Season's Greetings from King's Employer Engagement
Andrew Wright, Head of Employer Engagement
Wishing all our employer, alumni and supplier partners a safe and happy holiday season!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Employer Engagement Teams at King's College London!
Our offices are closed from 16:00 on Thursday 23 December 2021 to 09:00 on Wednesday 5 January 2022 inclusive. During this time we will not be able to publish or approve any opportunities uploaded to King's CareerConnect or confirm any bookings for events.
It seems impossible that another year has gone by, and once more it's been one where we've seen significant changes in our engagement and offer - and in how you work with us to reach our diverse and international student population studying with us across the globe.
We've continued to innovate, providing flexible and hybrid forms of engagement as our students return to our London campuses and our teaching and learning has resumed safely in physical form. But we know that this period has also brought many challenges in adapting to yet more new virtual platforms and opportunities, measures of impact, engagement and success and for resource and budgets both for ourselves, and for many of our partners also.
Throughout the last few months, we've been heartened by the support of partners around the world, keeping us informed of their latest challenges - and working collaboratively to identify possible solutions here at King's to support your organisation and its strategy. But we know also about the perceived challenges of engaging students actively in your plans as they themselves adjust to a return to physical learning whilst so much of their employability learning remains online.
Taken together, this has has often meant tough decisions in how, when and where to engage, with a changing landscape, new methods of delivery and trying to identify new forms of return on investment.
So, to all of our partners - thank you. Thank you for sharing those struggles, for trusting in us to adapt and deliver new opportunities, events and provision and for continuing to recognise the breadth of talent here at King's.
Across autumn - and our five week-long Focused Festivals, we have seen greater student attendance from across our faculties, levels of study, nationality and diversity demographics than ever - and we're currently reviewing what this tells us to help plan our initiatives from next academic year.
Our virtual panels with speakers from around the world have covered areas including:
- Green energy and clean tech
- Creative arts
- Corporate social responsibility: Purpose over profit
We know that not everything has been perfect, and we're listening and learning from that feedback to generate even more ways of engaging in 2022 and beyond. Here's just a few of the opportunities we're planning for the new year, as we continue to expand and diversify our delivery...
- Our new Focus on Culture & Creative Careers (17-21 January) will provide a platform for those in the creative industries to share their experiences, alongside highlighting creative roles across all sectors.
- Focus on China returns once more (28 February - 4 March) showcasing careers across China and Hong Kong SAR to students, and our collaboration with other leading universities will return next summer also.
- Our focus and commitment on diversity, inclusion and equality continues through both our Spotlight on Inclusion series looking at race, mental health & wellbeing and LGBT+ inclusion alongside being woven into every activity we deliver.
- Our Global Placements function is thriving with new programmes coming on board in King's Business School, new placement activities and events and digital ways to help our students bring new ideas to your organisation
- We're also working on am ambitious new Employability Plan for King's and look forward to involving many of you in the shaping and definition over the coming months.
So, from all of us at King's Employer Engagement, we thank you for all your continued support throughout this most different of years, and look forward to working with you again, both virtually and (hopefully) physically, in 2022!
King's Employer Engagement
Andrew, Ardy, Beckie, Cam, Imogen, Jie, Jonathan, Karley, Markus, Melissa, Parm, Phil, Roger, Ross and Steph