King's Academy of Educators
King’s Academy of Educators is an inclusive and supportive network of academic, professional and clinical staff and students, who work together by sharing knowledge and innovative ideas, with the aim to promote and deliver excellence in teaching across King’s.
The academy promotes flexible ways of thinking, offers support for where university education is going and those who lead it, as well as providing opportunities for members to develop their own skills, career goals and interests.
As well as providing King’s educators with the space to connect, collaborate and develop creative ideas, it will also recognise and celebrate leading educators across the college through its Fellowship and Senior Fellowship scheme. Fellows of the academy will provide a beacon role for excellence in teaching and educational support of students at King’s.
Goals of King’s Academy of Educators
- To create an inclusive and diverse network to support all staff and students that facilitates open communication and dialogue between individuals and departments, and encourages skills sharing and lifelong learning.
- To recognise and celebrate educators who have made outstanding contributions through excellence in teaching, innovation and support of students.
- To establish a forum for educators with recognised accomplishments in education to facilitate the exchange of ideas, career development and collaboration across departments.
- To improve the quality of education by fostering academic development, curricular change, creating innovations that will advance the field, supporting technology enhanced learning and the development of educational leaders for the future.
- Advocate for the education mission both as an academic priority and as a career pathway.
Vision 2029 Priorities
The academy will draw upon Kings’ Strategic Vision 2029 to focus its activities.
- Educate to inspire and improve
- Research to inform and innovate
- Serve to shape and transform
- A civic university at the heart of London
- An international community that serves the world
These priorities will not only drive and inspire the academy's work, but will be integral to all activities organised or sponsored by the academy. They will also help form the Fellowship and Senior Fellowship application criteria.
Benefits of joining the academy
Membership is open to everyone working or studying at King’s.
Becoming a member gives you access to helpful resources, discussion forums, with the option to attend workshops, talks and events or become involved in projects run by the academy. Once a member you will also have the opportunity to apply for Fellowship or Senior Fellowship.