King's Education Strategy 2017 - 22
King’s is a world class university with a long and strong tradition of providing excellence in education and research. We offer students the opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and sophisticated methodologies in their chosen discipline(s) as well as broader skills and attributes through examination of a wide range of issues from multiple disciplinary perspectives. Our research strengths are inextricably linked with our educational offering, which is why research-enhanced education is positioned at the heart of our approach.
Launched in September 2017, King's Education Strategy sets out a roadmap for King’s to follow over the next five years to enable us to deliver our vision 'educate to inspire and improve.'
The six strategic goals for education are:
- Drive world-class learning and knowledge creation through research-enhanced education
- Expand learning opportunities through flexing the curriculum and increasing access to co-curricular activities
- Embed civic engagement and service learning across King's
- Ensure all King's students are equipped for success
- Support positive wellbeing as a fundamental ethos of the university
- Embrace students as co-collaborators of the educational experience.
The full strategy can be read here.
To see examples of current best practice for each of the goals, click through the links to the left.