Completing an affiliate account request
Completing a new King’s Affiliate Account request
- To fill out the new King’s Affiliate Account Request form you will need to follow these simple steps. If at any point you have trouble filling out the form then please contact the IT Service Desk by calling 020 7848 8888 or emailing = email@example.com.
- To access the form you need to log into the RemedyForce self-service portal. To do so please visit http://8888.kcl.ac.uk and ensure you select “RemedyForce Self Service” from the top menu if it doesn’t automatically take you there.
- Once in the self-service portal, click on the “Affiliate Account Request – Including conversion (RF2)” option, you should then be presented with the following screen
- After reading theinformation at the top of the page, proceed to fill out the details of the new account owner. Please note if creating a request for a new affiliate, you will need to fill out their details, not yours in this section. If you wish to extend your affiliate account, convert your standard to an affiliate, or affiliate to standard, or wish to merge your accounts, then fill this form out as yourself.
- Next you will need to fill out what part of the university you are associated with, for example if you belong to the IT Services Directorate you will select the options below:
- You will then need to select what the request is for, in the examples below we are selecting a new affiliate account, we then need to select what role the account is for. In the second example we are renewing an existing affiliate account so need the ‘K number’ of the account.
- Once all options have been filled out the form should resemble the following depending on what options you selected. There is also the option to add some additional comments you think the IT Service Desk should be made aware of.
- Once you click submit, the request will then be created within RemedyForce and a ticket number will be generated and sent to the person who made the request. In Addition, you will receive both confirmation of your ticket reference, and an automated response to inform you that the form has been sent for approval with the relevant approvers for your Faculty or Directorate
- As soon as your request has either been approved or rejected, you will receive a notification such as the examples below:
- If your request is rejected you will need to log onto the RemedyForce Self Service portal and search for your ticket number. You will then be able to view who rejected the request and ask for the reason(s).
- If your request is approved, the IT Service Desk will then receive the ticket and will be able to carry out the request for you, usually within a few days. We will then either contact you or the person you submitted the request on behalf of to the email address provided.