Once you have received your invitation to enrol you will receive information on how to activate your King's account.
Find out more via Student Services Online. From there you'll be able to find guidance on use and access of our university systems including:
- You can access the internet on campus with any wireless-enabled device.
- Our preferred network is the Eduroam network.
- Login with your King’s username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Eduroam is available at many other UK universities, at many NHS hospitals, some city centres (courtesy of the local authority) and abroad.
- The Cloud is a free service which provides free guest Wi-Fi - more about the Cloud.
Welcome to King's App
- Welcome to King's enables NEW students to connect, join webinars and book onto events during Welcome to King's 2022.
- King’s provides students with access to a wide range of free or discounted software packages to help you in your studies, such as:
- Student Computing Rooms (SCRs) are located at all King’s campuses, some of which are open 24 hours. Availability is subject to teaching commitments.
- For details about locations and opening times visit the Intranet page.
- Bring your own laptop and tablets on campus to connect to our Wi-Fi.
- Most of our libraries loan students laptops for free for up to 72 hours, during which you can take them elsewhere.
- From the start of term many students will be able to access many applications remotely via King's Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) depending on their course requirements.
- Academic teaching staff may also access WVD if needed but their primary method of accessing King's applications and daily work should still be via their Standard Operating Environment (SOE) device e.g. a King's issued laptop.
- Please find a link to the WVD user guide here [internal only].
- A list of currently available and accessible applications on our WVD applications list online via our teachlearntech pages.
- Follow Me Printing allows students to print to a variety of locations across the university. Use your King’s ID card or King’s email address. Please note there is a charge for printing.
- Send your printing from your personal device by attaching your document and sending an email from your King’s account to email@example.com.
- Default printing is double-sided and in black and white. To make changes to these settings, you must click on the ‘properties’ tab before you print. This may incur an additional cost.
- For more information about printing visit the Student Printing pages.
- Our ChargeBox® units allow you to charge your phone or tablet for 30 minutes at a time for free!
- This secure, hassle free solution to charging your smartphone or tablet is available at multiple locations across the university.
- Please turn your phone on silent mode and switch off any alarms before placing it in the locker.
- Ask Library staff if you need assistance, or contact the IT Service Desk on 0207 848 8888.
IT Service Desk & Self-Service
- Our analysts are available 24/7, 365 days a year to help with your technology issues.
- You can also use IT Self-Service to log a ticket. The portal provides advice and allows you to request a service or report a fault by raising a ticket. You can also use the portal to access your tickets and review progress.
- Our TechBars are now open. Come and see us for in-person, on-campus IT support from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. Find us in The Maughan, New Hunt’s House and Franklin Wilkins Libraries.
Free Software! Amazing Discounts!
- You can download up to five desktop licences of Microsoft 365 - the core Office applications for your PC or Mac - including Email (Outlook), Word, PowerPoint, Excel and more.
- To access, simply log into Office 365 using your King's e-mail address and password.
- Simply download the applications you need online or via your mobile device. (GooglePlay or Apple AppStore)
Trend Micro Security Software
- King's students, researchers and staff can improve the level of security on their personal devices by downloading Trend Micro. Please note this is just for your personal device as King's IT will manage security protection for King's approved (SOE) devices.
- Enjoy amazing technology discounts - from new laptops to tablets to software via UNIDays and Student Beans. Set up your student account using your ID and off you go!
Essential Digital Skills Programme for Students now available
- Our Essential Digital Skills Programme is available for all students covering Office 365 skills; Digital Safety; Digital Etiquette and more.
- Join the Programme online.