Professor Alison Jones
Research interests and PhD supervision
Alison Jones is Professor of Law at King’s and a solicitor at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Prior to joining King's in 1992, Alison read law at Girton College, Cambridge, worked at Slaughter & May and completed a BCL at Christ Church, Oxford. Since joining King’s she has taught Competition Law (EU, UK and US), Trusts, Property, and EU law.
Alison is co-author of Jones and Sufrin on EU Competition Law, a Regional Editor for The Restitution Law Review and writes two of the Centre of European Law’s modules for the Diploma in EU competition law. She is also Director of the LLB Law with European Legal Studies programme.
Alison's main research interests are currently in the area of EU Competition and US Antitrust Law.
PhD students & topics
- Baskaran Balasingham: ‘The effectiveness of leniency programmes in light of private and criminal enforcement of competition law”
- Takahiro Yamada
- Ece Aslan
- Wan Khatina Wan Mohd Nawawi
- Jose Llanos
- Luke Danagher
- Jones, A., and Sufrin, B., EU Competition Law: Text, Cases and Materials (4th edn, OUP, 2011). (5th edn, OUP, 2014)
- Jones, A., Restitution and European Community Law (LLP, 2000)
Chapters in Books
- Albors-Llorens A and Jones A, ‘The images of the “Consumer” in EU Competition Law’ in D Leczykiewicz and S Weatherill (eds), The Image(s) of the ‘Consumer’ in EU Law (Hart Publishing 2015)
- Jones, A., ‘Competition Enforcement’ in A Arnull and D Chalmers (eds), Oxford Handbook of European Law (OUP, 2015)
- Jones, A., and Townley C., ‘Competition Law’ in C. Barnard and S. Peers (eds), EU Law (OUP, 2014)
- Jones, A., and Lovdahl-Gormsen, L., ‘Abuse of Dominance: Exclusionary Pricing Abuses’ in I Lianos and D Geradin (eds), Handbook on European Competition Law: Substantive Aspects (Edward Elgar, 2013)
- Jones, A., ‘Drawing the boundary between joint and unilateral conduct: Parent-Subsidiary Relationships and Joint Ventures”, in A Ezrachi (ed) International Research Handbook of Competition Law (Edward Elgar, 2012)
- Jones, A and Davies J, ‘Mergers and the Public Interest: Balancing EU and National law in the Protectionist Debate’ (2014) 10(3) European Competition Journal 453, available at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2533860
- Jones, A., ‘Standard Essential Patents: FRAND Commitments, Injunctions and the Smartphone Wars’ (2014) 10(1) European Competition Journal forthcoming
- Jones, A., and Williams, R., ‘The UK Response to the Global Effort against Cartels: Is Criminalisation Really the Solution?’ (2014) Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 1
- Jones, A., and Lovdahl-Gormsen, L., ‘Abuse of Dominance: Exclusionary Pricing Abuses’ in I Lianos and D Geradin, Handbook on European Competition Law: Substantive Aspects (Edward Elgar, 2013)
- Jones, A., ‘The boundaries of an undertaking in EU Competition Law’ (2012) 8(2) European Competition Journal 301.
View full list of Professor Jones’ publications.