The Dickson Poon School of Law welcomes visiting academics from other universities to share in and contribute to the research culture of the School. Visitors typically stay for around three to six months and will have access to the College’s library and online resources. Most visitors to the School are self-funded or receive external funding, for example, from their own institution.
Visiting Researcher application process
- Visiting Researchers must be academics at an international HE institution and have an excellent academic background.
- They must have a viable programme of research for which study in London is necessary and be willing to contribute to the School research culture, such as by delivering a School research seminar.
- They must be ‘mentored’ by a member of School staff who will personally support the application and will support the visitor whilst at King's.
We also offer a Virtual Visiting Researcher Programme which covers all areas of the standard programme, including access to electronic library resources. Please apply to the scheme as set out below and specify your interest in the Virtual Visiting Researcher Programme.
Applications from prospective Visiting Researchers are accepted on a rolling basis and need to be received at least three months before the intended dates of visit.
Visitors from outside of the UK for an in-person visit must apply at least 6 months in advance.
Prospective Visiting Researchers are asked to apply with:
- a short CV (two to three pages)
- a clear, well-developed research proposal which makes it clear why the applicant needs to undertake research in London and with King's College.
- a covering letter which states how long the applicant would like to visit the School and who their proposed mentor is.
- a letter of support from their mentor.
Prospective Visiting Researchers are advised to contact their intended mentor prior to application so they can provide a letter of support. Complete applications will then be considered by the School Research Committee.
Applications and letters of support should be sent to:
School Research Team: email@example.com