Dr Irit Samet
Irit Samet is a Senior Lecturer in The Dickson Poon School of Law, which she joined in 2008. She was previously a Lecturer in Law at Mansfield College, Oxford (2006-2007), and a lecturer at the University of Essex (2008). She read law and philosophy in Israel, and completed her doctorate at the University of Oxford.
Irit’s main research interests lie in the the Law of Equity, Property Law, and the theory of private law.
- 'Proprietary Estoppel and Responsibility for Omissions', Forthcoming in MLR December 2014
- 'Fiduciary Loyalty as Kantian Virtue', in Andrew Gold & Paul Miller (eds.) Philosophical Foundations of Fiduciary Law (OUP, 2014)
- 'The Morality of Proprietary Estoppel in Penner, J. M. & Smith, H. (eds.). The Philosophical Foundations of Property Law . (OUP 2013) Oxford
- What Conscience Can Do for Equity’ 3(1) Jurisprudence (2012), p,13.
- ‘Guarding the Fiduciary’s Conscience’ 29 Oxford Journal of Legal Studies (2008) p.763-781
View full list of Dr Samet’s publications.
- Course Convenor for the LLB mandatory module 'Equity and Trusts
- Property Law (mandatory LLB module)
- 'Theories of Ownership' (advanced module for LLB/LLM).