Dr Oana Stefan
Email address: email@example.com
Dr Oana Stefan is a Senior Lecturer at The Dickson Poon School of Law, which she joined in 2013. Previously, she was an Assistant Professor within the legal department of HEC Paris (a leading business school), after having taught European Union law at the College of Europe and University College Dublin.
She is a visiting professor at HEC Paris, and has also worked as a specialised advisor for European integration to the Romanian Minister of Justice.
She holds a PhD in European Law from University College Dublin, a law degree from University of Bucharest, a Maîtrise en Droit from University Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and a MAES from the College of Europe.
Dr Stefan focuses on European Union Law, in particular competition and state aid, constitutional and administrative law.
Her work combines socio-legal and doctrinal analysis, quantitative and qualitative methods, while exploring the limits of the rule of law, and questions related to new modes of governance and judicial politics.
Her recent book, Soft Law in Court, analyses the ways in which the Court of Justice of the European Union deals with soft law instruments in competition and state aid. Dr Stefan also engages with EU transparency studies.
- A Alemanno, O Ştefan ‘Openness at the Court of Justice of the European Union: Toppling a Taboo’  Common Market Law Review, 51, 1, pp 97-140.
- O Ştefan, A van Waeyenberge, ‘L’évolution du droit européen de la concurrence: défis et transformations de la méthode communautaire’, Cahiers de Droit Européen, 2013, 2, p. 395-444.
- O Ştefan, Soft Law in Court: Competition Law, State Aid, and the Court of Justice of the European Union, Kluwer, 2013, 392 p.
- O Ştefan, ‘Relying on EU Soft Law Before National Competition Authorities: Hope for the Best, Expect the Worst  Competition Policy International - Antitrust Chronicle 1.
O Ştefan, ‘European Union Soft Law: New Developments Concerning the Divide between Legally Binding Force and Legal Effects’  75 The Modern Law Review p. 879-893.
- O Ştefan, ‘Hybridity before the Court: a Hard Look at Soft Law in the EU Competition and State Aid Case Law’  37 European Law Review p. 49-69.
- O Ştefan, ‘Adapting to the EU Requirements: Recent Evolutions in Romanian Competition and State Aid Law’,  Competition Policy International - Antitrust Chronicle 2.
- I Maher, O Ştefan, ‘Competition Law in Europe: The Challenge of a Network Constitution’ in D Oliver et al (eds) The Regulatory State: Constitutional Implications Oxford University Press, Oxford 2010, p. 178-200
- O Ştefan, ‘European Competition Soft Law to Court: A Matter of Hard Principles?’  14 European Law Journal p. 753-772.
- European Internal Market
- EU Administrative Law
- European Constitutional Law
- EU State Aid & State Regulation Law