Professional Services staff
Professional Services staff based in The Dickson Poon School of Law, King's College London.
Executive Dean's Office
Distinguished Visitors' Office
Director of Administration
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2289
- Head of the School's Professional Services team
- Leads planning and development of strategic and operational professional services support for students and staff.
- Leads innovation in the administration of teaching & research.
- Leads harmonisation and development of systems, processes and procedures in the School.
- Responsible for ensuring integrated operations between School and the university central teams.
Head of Education and Research
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2448
Executive Assistant to the Dean of School & Operations Officer
David Whittaker (secondment)
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1189
- Provides an executive service to the Executive Dean of School.
- Manages the School's operational responsibilities for estates and facilities in Somerset House East Wing.
- Provides diary and other support to the School's leadership team as required.
HR & Resources Officer
Hannah Cross (temporary cover)
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2878
- Supports School recruitment and staffing processes
- Provides information to executive team regarding staff and resources.
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2925
- Supports the Executive Assistant to ensure the organisation and smooth running of the Law School.
- Supports the School's operational responsibilities for estates and facilities in Somerset House East Wing.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Assistant and the Director of Administration.
Legal Clinic Director & Director of Clinical Legal Education
- Leads in the establishment of the student Law Clinic and the design and delivery of clinical legal education in the Law School.
- Represents the School on all relevant bodies including in the regulatory, professional, not for profit and statutory authority sectors.
- Promotes the School’s pro bono and clinical work amongst the wider community.
- Ensures compliance with standards imposed on the Law School and under any applicable quality mark scheme.
Legal Researcher & Project Officer for Lord Phillips & Lord Judge
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1973
- Undertakes legal research on behalf Lord Phillips and Lord Judge on in relation to a range of legal, law reform, and policy matters for the purposes of international commercial arbitration, House of Lords business, lectures, articles and books.
- Manages and facilitates the Lords' involvement with The Dickson Poon School of Law and King's, including organising lectures and seminars.
- Provides research assistance to other members of the School as required.
School Business, Quality Assurance, Research & Technology Learning
Student Experience & Engagement Manager
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1121
- Leads the School's student services provision.
- Manages the School's administrative and assessment processes through the implementation of university regulations and best practice policy.
- Line management responsibility for marketing and communications colleagues.
Student Programmes Manager
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2265
- Manages the Law Enquiries Office front-of-house team which includes on-campus and on-line programmes administration and assessments
- Supports the implementation, management and review of all traditional on-campus and online programmes offered by the Law School
- Helps develop and manage local programme-related policy
- Supports student feedback processes
- Supports the School's widening participation initiatives.
Undergraduate Programme Administrator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2849
- Responsible for the administration of the School's LLB programmes.
- Provides advice to undergraduate students in respect of programme regulations, module selection and timetabling.
- Manages students reports, records and attendance.
- Provides organisational support and acts as a key liaison for the personal tutor system.
- Undertakes scheduled project work such as induction preparation.
- Assists with exams and collection of assessed essays.
Postgraduate Programme Administrator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 5899
- Responsible for the administration of the LLM, MA and MSc programmes in the School.
- Provides advice to postgraduate students in respect of programmes regulations, module and pathway selection, timetabling issues and writing project selection and submission.
- Manages student records.
- Provides organisational support and acts as a key liaision for the personal tutor system.
- Undertakes scheduled project work such as induction preparation.
- Provides administrative support to postgraduate committees.
Law Enquiries Assistant
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2479
- First point of contact for student enquiries.
- Assists with student expenses including moot funding.
- Point of contact for law societies' queries regarding events and finances.
- Provides administrative support for law programmes and assessments as required.
- Undertakes scheduled project work such as inductions and Law Forum elections.
- Provides printing support for academic staff.
Senior Assessments Officer
Currently on leave
- Provides support for Assessment Board meetings.
- Organises and oversees the production, formatting and submission of examination papers.
- Submits examination timetable requests.
- Co-ordinates coursework processes (including dissertations and research essays).
- Provides support for all exam related business.
- Has a key role in developing the School's assessment and feedback practice in line with university policy.
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1724
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2036
- Support the delivery of the School's assessment policy and practice.
- Provide administrative support for Assessment Boards.
- Manage the School's mitigating circumstances process, providing students with guidance on relevant policies and ensuring timely responses.
- Responsible for student assessment data, ensuring that all students have completed the requisite assessment components.
- Provide guidance to students on assessment related matters.
Centres & Institutes
School Business Manager
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2048
- Manages business processes within the School.
- Develops financial strategy and manages budgets.
- Designs and implements the teaching timetable.
- Line management responsibility for Quality Assurance, Research and Technology Learning posts and centre staff.
Education Support Officer
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1257
Technology Learning Coordinator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1339
- Responsible for the School's strategy for technology learning, developing the strategy with key stakeholders and committees.
- Implements discrete projects outlined in the strategy through bids for external and internal funding.
- Ensures quality through continuous research of use of technology in education.
- Maintains and develops the virtual learning environment (KEATS).
Online Programmes Administrator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1339
- Administrator for the School's online programmes.
Communications, Events & Marketing
Centre Manager, Centre of European Law
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2387
- Responsible to the Director(s) for the management of the Centre.
- Manages and runs the Centre's programme of events.
- Responsible for the operation of four distance learning PgDip / MA programmes.
- Manages the Centre's finances, producing budgets, accounts and administering the research grant fund.
- Services the Centre's Advisory Board and Finance Committee.
Executive Officer, Centre of European Law
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1768
- Oversees the administration of all of the Centre's distance learning programmes.
- Maintains the Centre's webpages.
- Provides input into marketing activity and strategy.
Co-ordinator, Transnational Law Institute and Yeoh Tiong Lay Centre for Politics, Philosophy & Law
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2572
- Co-ordinating the work of The Dickson Poon Transnational Law Institute and the Yeoh Tiong Lay Centre for Politics, Philosophy & Law.
- Maintains the Centre's webpages and social media presence.
- Manages and runs the Centre and Institute’s programme of events and activities.
- Manages and maintains the Centre and Institute’s budgets.
Centre Manager, Centre of Construction Law & Dispute Resolution
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2643
- Manages the administration of the centre's activities, including the MSc in Construction Law and the centre's events and conferences.
- Acts as PA to Director and supports other academic staff in the centre.
- Services the staff committee and Assessment Board meetings.
- Deals with enquiries from the public and prospective students.
Administrative Assistant, Centre of Construction Law & Dispute Resolution
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2685
- Provides administrative support to a range of activities in the Centre of Construction Law & Dispute Resolution.
Strategic Projects & Partnerships
Senior Communications Officer
Zoe Dunlop (Maternity Cover)
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2273
Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email 2: email@example.com
- Communications lead in the School, sharing news, events and research with internal and external audiences.
- Content lead for the School's intranet and external webpages.
- Manages social media channels and develops strategies.
- Takes lead on university-wide communications initiatives on behalf of the School.
- Works with the Public Relations team to maximise press coverage opportunities and manage corporate identity.
- Line manages the Events Officer and Centre Co-ordinator (TLI/YTL).
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2682
Email 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email 2: email@example.com
- Plans, co-ordinates and runs seminars, conferences, public lectures and other events in the School.
- Writes and edits the weekly event update.
- Oversees the School's event budget.
Senior Marketing Officer
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2253
- Marketing lead in the School, working with academics and the central marketing team to meet recruitment objectives and develop marketing plans, strategies and activities.
- Responsible for recruitment events including open days, offer-holder events and keep-warm activities.
- Manages social channels and initiatives designed for recruitment purposes.
- Leads on maintenance of the university's online prospectus entries for the Law School.
- Works with teams across the External Relations Directorate to meet marketing and recruitment objectives.
Research and PhD support
Strategic Projects Manager
Tel: 020 7848 1340
Partnerships & Global Engagement Officer
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1534
- Professional Services lead for School partnerships.
- Identifies and researches tactical and strategic opportunities for the School particularly in terms of partnerships and innovation.
- Works with teams across the External Relations Directorate including Careers, Alumni, Marketing and Fundraising in order to achieve School objectives.
- Services the School's External Relations Committee and other relevant committees.
Project Officer (Culture)
- Develops and produces the Visual Arts Programme in the School.
- Co-ordinates special projects in line with School objectives.
Diversity & Inclusion
Research Support Co-ordinator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 2278
- Supports the delivery of the School's research strategy.
- Co-ordinates the administration of research grants with King's central teams.
- Services the School Research Committee.
- Provides administrative support and guidance to the PhD programme and the student/supervisor community.
- Oversees the submission of applications for PhD scholarship programmes and supports the relevant committee in the short-listing and awarding processes.
- Manages PhD student records.
- Promotes relevant PGR opportunities and events to the community.
Diversity & Inclusion Co-ordinator
Tel: (44) 020 7848 1753
- Works with the School’s academic lead (Gender Champion) and Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator (Arts & Sciences) to lead on the School’s Athena Swan agenda.
- Manages/leads School-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Works with the central Diversity & Inclusion team to provide guidance to all law staff on diversity, equality & inclusion issues.
- Provides secretarial support to the School’s Diversity & Inclusion related committees.
- Provides advice and support to the Executive Dean, Director of Administration and the School’s Senior Management team on matters relating to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Works with the D&I Coordinator (A&S) to develop the School strategies around inclusion and equality (good organisational practice).
- Updates and implements annual on-line staff surveys.
- Arrange focus groups and workshops with staff and students on specific issues, as necessary.