Our approach to partnership is a central component of our success.
Over the past twenty years, we have built strong relationships with our partners, including teaching institutions, hospitals and government ministries of health in the UK and internationally.
King’s Global Health Partnerships has made a notable contribution to health partnership work in the countries where we work, achieving meaningful and lasting change at three different levels of the healthcare system – individuals, organisations and national systems.
Our partnership approach is distinctive because:
We bring the health, academic and development communities together, drawing on the strengths of each. King’s College London and King’s Health Partners’ NHS Trusts are uniquely positioned to address complex health system challenges because of their world-class expertise in medical education and training, clinical practice and research.
Our partnership model means:
- We work primarily with local, public sector partners
- We work by invitation, working alongside our partners in all our work
- We are embedded within our partner organisations and communities
- We are responsive to our partners’ needs and priorities and flexible as these change
- We engage as peers and understand health systems
- We are trusted because we are consistent and deliver what we promise
- We experience mutual benefit through engagement with our partners.
- We are committed for the long-term, because real impact takes time.