Research in Somaliland
Our research in Somaliland focuses on capacity building partnerships, global surgery and health in post conflict situations. It aims to deliver information that is directly relevant to our capacity building partnership there and to build research capacity in our partner organisations. It includes the following activities.
Joint research teaching
- Delivering research methods teaching collaboratively to students in the UK and Somaliland encouraging sharing of learning through joint projects.
Evaluation of capacity building partnerships
- Supporting evaluation of our capacity building work to generate data to drive service improvement
- Evaluate the nature of the partnership itself to generate new learning on health care improvement through capacity building partnerships
Examples of current research in Somaliland:
- Impact of volunteering in Somaliland on UK health professionals (Paula Baraitser, Sibylle Herzig van Wees, Hannah Franklin, Felicity Jones, Vita Sinclair, Dan Knights, Andy Leather)
- The use of synchronous distance education in medical schools in resource poor countries (Molly Fyfe)