A degree in Chemistry can open many doors to an array of careers! Of 88 students who graduated between 2015-2019:
- 29.5% went on to carry out a further degree. These incldued PhD, master's and undergraduate degrees in different fields.
- 23% went into the finance industry. Job roles include analysts, head-hunter, audit case handler, assurance associates and more.
- 14% went on to teach. Graduates teach in schools, universities, and some have founded their own tutoring companies.
- 10% went into scientific research. Job titles include: protein biochemist, research assistant, market access researcher and more.
- 4% went into IT. Positions include cyber security associate and consultants.
- 3% went into law as a paralegal or as a trainee solicitor.
- 2% went into healthcare. Their roles include an operations manager of a group of GP offices and a biosafety scientist.
- 14.5% of other graduates have careers in diverse and varied areas. Jobs include a radiochemist, policy assistant, oil tanker analyst and many more.