The Cicely Saunders Institute attracts students and staff from across the world, from entirely different backgrounds and with various religious beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We celebrate this incredible diversity, and we are passionate about embedding equality, diversity and inclusion into everything we do.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion at the highest international standards
- Ensure fairness and equity at all levels
- An intersectional approach to understanding barriers and co-create solutions
- Celebrate and recognise diversity
- Ensure proportionate representation and inclusion of our staff and students at all levels
- Increase sense of community
Principals in action
We are incredibly proud of our Athena SWAN Silver Award, Race Equality Charter Bronze Award; we are also Stonewall Diversity Champions, and join Business Disability Forums. We have an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, led by Dr Sabrina Bajwah to drive change at the Cicely Saunders Institute. Our Committee works alongside our leadership teams, the Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care Committee and a range of working groups and networks.
In 2020, we launched a national Palliative Care Athena SWAN Network to bring palliative care departments together and support each other to achieve the Athena SWAN objectives. Please email us if you are interested in getting involved in any of our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion activities.
We contribute to King's Health Partners Summer School to provide more students insights into careers within research, widen participation and access to higher education. The week-long programme is designed for local students in Years 10 and 11 and covers all aspects of translational research.