Entrepreneurial Activity Fund
Applications are open now, please apply using this form by 15th October 2019.
The Entrepreneurial Activity Fund is an initiative run by the Entrepreneurship Institute that gives societies at King’s up to £2,000 grant funding and support, for initiatives that inspire King’s students to develop transferable skills and have entrepreneurial experiences which enhance future careers.
Societies can apply for funding to support activities that meet one or more of the following fund objectives:
1. Introducing the concept of entrepreneurship to students’ part of the society or student group’s community
2. Facilitating insight into start-ups, innovative organisations and entrepreneurial journeys
3. Providing students with the opportunity to practice innovative thinking and develop entrepreneurial skills
These activities should aim to introduce & teach students how to be entrepreneurial in any profession. Below are the types of initiatives we have previously supported, please note these are examples and we would consider initiatives that are not listed:
Challenge based: hackathons, competitions and boot-camps
Skill training or development: workshops, seminars, incubators, mentor programmes
Knowledge transfer: internal & external talks, company visits, international trips, podcasts, publications.
Successful societies or student groups will also receive a support package including:
- Up to £2000 funding!
- Introductions to specialists from our internal and external network of speakers, mentors, facilitators and experts etc.
- Promotion of the societies’ entrepreneurially relevant events on the Entrepreneurship Institute’s website, newsletter and/or social media platforms.
- Invitations to exclusive events run by the Institute such as; the Idea Factory awards ceremony at the House of Lords. And more!
Each society can seek funding of up to £2,000 per application.
Application is completed online via typeform (link above the FAQ's), by either a society or student group. All applicants will be required to upload: a PDF, Word or Excel document which shows the timeline in which you propose to deliver these initiatives and how you propose to spend the fund by providing a detailed breakdown of expenses and other income you have or are expecting to receive/apply for this year. This should all be in one document.
In return for funding and support we ask that you co-brand on all marketing material for the activities outlined in your application that end up being supported the Entrepreneurship Institute.
The terms and conditions of the Entrepreneurial Activity Fund are listed below.
Please read these carefully.
If you accept these you will be expected to adhere to these, failure to do so will result in withdrawal of funding.
1. Use Eventbrite (or a suitable alternative) to collect registration data and monitor attendance.
2. Submit event data and impact reports no more than 1 week after event delivery (details to be discussed with Hemali Patel, Head of Entrepreneurial Engagement).
3. Share links and promotional material for your events with the Entrepreneurship Institute.
4. Promote the Entrepreneurship Institute as a supporter, sponsor or partner at Initiatives funded.
Submit event data and impact reports no more than 1 week after event delivery (details to be discussed with Hemali Patel, Head of Entrepreneurial Engagement). This is typically, number of sign ups, number of attendees, background (field of study, faculty,), appetite for developing entrepreneurial skills further, gender.
Yes. Innovation and entrepreneurship can be found in a broad spectrum of professions and industries. We encourage applications from societies of all disciplines to demonstrate that entrepreneurial skills can applied by people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
Societies are only permitted to submit one solo application.
Applications will be assessed by the Entrepreneurship Institute team.
The judging criteria will be based on the detail of the activities proposed in line with the required funding, the scope for student entrepreneurial impact within this and how unconventional the proposed activity/campaign and its format is.
Applications will be assessed over a 10 day period post the closing date (15th October 2019). The outcome of your application will be communicated via email on or around October 25th 2019.
If you are ratified:
We will raise a purchase order for KCLSU on or around October 28th 2019. The KCLSU finance team will pay the money into your society's account once they receive funds. This can take up to 30 days, please keep checking your society’s account via kclsu.org to track payment.
If you are not ratified:
Your society or student group is required to nominate one individual to take financial responsibility of the grant awarded. We recommend this be an individual on the board of Directors or on committee. This person must visit the Entrepreneurship Institute to undertake the following tasks by November 1st 2019.
Sign a letter of agreement and complete a payment form (name bank details, address etc) The grant will be paid into your society's (or nominated persons) bank account by November 15th 2019 (if the paperwork is signed by November 1st 2019). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns over this process.
Contact: Hemali Patel, Engagement Programme Manager, Entrepreneurship Institute: Hemali.Patel@kcl.ac.uk.