Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico


Funded research opportunities

Applications are invited for a range of funded research studentships and awards. Studentships cover tuition fees and an annual stipend. They will be advertised here as and when they become available. Please check back regularly.


Available studentships/awards

The annual Maudsley Philosophy Group Awards are for newly-qualified psychiatrists undertaking postgraduate research into the ethical and philosophical issues central to the practice of psychiatry. Each award has a maximum value of £2,500 p.a. to meet the IoPPN tuition fees for the Medical Humanities MD(Res) degree over a period of (usually) four years. The total value of an award is therefore a maximum of £10,000.

Find out more

Title: Implementing a digitally delivered psychosexual intervention for managing sexual difficulties in people with multiple sclerosis

Find out more

Title: Pain Management for People Living with Multiple Sclerosis: Implementing a Digital Psychological Intervention

Find out more

We regularly advertise details of available studentships here and on Keep an eye on this page to find out what's new. You may also want to take a look at the Centre for Doctoral Studies Funding Database.

Application process for studentships

Applying for a studentship follows a different process than applying for a PhD or MD(Res) course. Therefore please read the advert carefully to ensure you apply to the correct department and with correct funding code.

It is likely that you will have to make an online application but the project approval form may have already been completed by the supervisors. If this is the case, then if successful, all you will need to do is to sign the project approval form, to confirm you are happy with the project. Otherwise, you will work with the supervisors to complete the project form.

A project approval form has to be completed in all cases as the project has to be approved as suitable for a PhD and feasible in the time allowed. 

Should you have any queries about the PhD studentship application process, please contact the Postgraduate Research Administrator by emailing

External funding sources


Study at King’s

Sign up for further information

Receive email updates about our courses, events, fees and funding, studying in London, how to apply and more.

Sign up