Completing an affiliate account request
Completing a new King’s Affiliate Account request
- Follow these simple step to complete a King’s Affiliate Account Request form. If you need help with it please contact the IT Service Desk on 020 7848 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The form is held on the RemedyForce self-service portal. To access it go to http://8888.kcl.ac.uk and select “RemedyForce Self Service” from the top menu, if it doesn’t automatically take you there.
- Once in the self-service portal, click on the “Affiliate Account Request – Including conversion (RF2)” option - you should see the following screen:
- After reading the information at the top of the page, fill out the details of the new account owner. Please note, if creating a request for a new affiliate you should put details, not yours, in this section. If you wish to extend your affiliate account, convert your standard to an affiliate, or affiliate to standard, or wish to merge your accounts, then use your own details.
- Next, select the part of the university you are associated with, ie, if you belong to the IT Services Directorate you will select the options below:
- Next, select what the request is for. In the example below it is for a new affiliate account, and we need to select what role the account is for. The second example shows that to renew an existing affiliate account you need its ‘K number’.
- Once all options have been filled out the form should look as below. If you wish you can add comments for the IT Service Desk.
- Once you click submit, RemedyForce will generate a ticket number and send it to you. You will also receive confirmation of your ticket reference and notification that the form has been sent for approval.
- You will receive further notification when your request is approved or rejected.
- If it is rejected you can log onto the RemedyForce Self Service portal and, using your ticket number, see who rejected your request and ask for the reason(s).
- If your request is approved, the IT Service Desk will contact either you, or the person you submitted the request on your behalf when the request is fulfilled.