The Language Resources Centre (LRC) has now reopened for the academic year 2021-22. We look forward to welcoming you back or welcoming you to the centre for the first time!
About the LRC
The LRC provides a friendly environment for all King's and Modern Language Centre students and staff wishing to engage in language learning. Our resources are always free to access.
We are a specialist language library offering a wide variety of resources to help you develop reading skills, grammar and cultural understanding in the language you are learning.
During term time, we host student workshops and cultural events - see our Event Listings for full details.
We also provide speaking practice with native speakers from our staff team and student volunteers from across the university - scroll down for more information on how to partcipate as either a learner or a volunteer.
The Business Support Team and our team of multilingual Language Learning Advisors are always on hand to help you make the most of our facilities. We work both on site and remotely to ensure we provide support in person and a quick response to any email enquiries should you currently be unable to visit us on campus.
Please bookmark our page, as we update it regularly and follow us on social media @KingsMLC
We are a small library and can have a high footfall of students, staff and visitors during term time. For the safety of our staff and all LRC users we ask that the following guidelines are followed when you visit the LRC:
- We expect face coverings to be worn unless you have a medical exemption.
- Please swipe your card in at the entrance of the LRC. This data will only be used should it be required to track any positive cases amongst LRC users to help determine if any close contact may have taken place.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available if you are browsing our physical resources.
- Please use the sanitising wipes provided to wipe down the shared computers.
- Follow the university guidance on regular testing.
For all up to date Covid information from the university, please visit: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/coronavirus