Professor James D.G. Dunn FBA
Address: Department of Theology & Religious Studies
King's College London
Virginia Woolf Building,
London, WC2B 6LE
- Born 1939; brought up and educated in Glasgow.
- MA Hons (1961) and BD (1964) (Glasgow University);
- PhD (1968) and DD (1991) (Cambridge University);
- Fellow of the British Academy (2006-).
- Lecturer (1970-79) then Reader in Theology (1979-82), University of Nottingham;
- Professor of Divinity (1982-90), then Lightfoot Professor of Divinity (1990-2003) at University of Durham; also Chairman of Department of Theology (1984-86, 1996-99); Emeritus (retired) 2003.
- Founder of British New Testament Conference (1980); President (1992-96).
- Treasurer of Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas (1982-92); and President (2002-03).
- Founder and Chairman of Association of University Departments of Theology and Religious Studies (1985-92).
- Founder and Chairman of Wesley Study Centre Management Committee (1987-2009).
- Member of Advisory Board for the Ecumenical Institute for Theological Studies in Jerusalem (Tantur) (2000-).
- Various editorial committees.
- The New Testament: historical context,
- Jesus, Paul, John,
- New Testament theology,
- Christianity’s beginnings into second century, continuing significance
- Jesus and the Spirit (SCM, 1975; Eerdmans, 1997)
- Unity and Diversity in the New Testament (SCM/Westminster, 1977)
- The partings of the Ways between Christianity and Judaism (SCM/TPI, 1991; 3rd edition 2006)
- The Theology of Paul the Apostle (Eerdmans/T&TClark, 1998)
- Christianity in the Making: Vol. 1, Jesus Remembered (Eerdmans, 2003); Vol. 2, Beginning from Jerusalem (Eerdmans, 2009)