Dr Paula Gooder
Address: Department of Theology & Religious Studies
King's College London
Virginia Woolf Building, 22 Kingsway
Research interests and PhD supervision
Paula Gooder is Theologian in Residence for the Bible Society. She worked for twelve years in two different theological colleges: first Ripon College Cuddesdon and then the Queen’s Foundation, Birmingham, before making the decision to lecture more widely outside the University system. She is a graduate of Oxford University where she did her Undergraduate (MA, Oxon) and Graduate degrees (D.Phil).
- The Influence of Merkavah Mysticism on the Writings of Paul
- 2 Corinthians
- The Development of Ministry and Ecclesiology in the Early Church
- Feminist Interpretation of the New Testament
Expertise and public engagement
- Paula Gooder The Bible, A Beginners’ Guide (One world, 2013)
- Paula Gooder Echoing the Word. The Bible in the Eucharist (SPCK, 2013)
- Paula Gooder Heaven (SPCK, 2011) – Shortlisted for the Ramsey Theological Book prize.
- Paula Gooder Searching for Meaning. An Introduction to Interpreting the new Testament (SPCK, 2008)
Much of Paula Gooder’s work is Public engagement with Churches of different denominations. She give extensive public lecturers throughout the country and in other countries of the world and also gives Radio and Television interviews (BBC, Channel 4) and acts as a consultant from time to time.