Early Career Framework
We are delighted to announce that the School of Education, Communication and Society has agreed to work in partnership with Capita and the University of Birmingham as a delivery partner for the full induction programme of the Early Career Framework (ECF), which will be launched in September 2021. This is an exciting new development that will enable us to work with schools to provide the highest quality support and induction for Early Career Teachers (ECT).
About the programme
- The new Early Career Framework induction programme is a two-year funded programme consisting of support and training for ECTs and their school-based mentors.
- The programme consists of an annual launch conference followed by a suite of half-termly in-person and remote training and support sessions for ECTs and mentors.
- The course content draws on the Ambition Institute framework and self-study materials for ECTs.
Why choose King’s College London?
We hope you will consider signing up to work with King’s for the delivery of the Early Career Framework induction programme. We offer:
- A breadth and depth of experience and expertise in the training and development of teachers.
- Progression and continuity from our initial teacher training programmes which have been fully aligned with the Core Content Framework for initial teacher education.
- Strong relationships with schools across our initial teacher education partnership, giving us a rich knowledge of London schools and their particular contexts.
- A commitment to research informed practice, encouraging teachers to take a critical, enquiring and reflective approach to their own professional development.
- A commitment to social justice, inclusion and equity in all aspects of our work within the field of education.
You can learn more about the Early Career Framework in this presentation or watch the webinar below.
How to sign up to the Early Career Framework with King's
If you choose to work with us on the Early Career Framework, you will need to sign up via the Capita form here. When answering question 5, simply select King’s College London as your preferred provider.
Sign up to partner with King’s College London on the delivery of the ECF.
General information about the introduction of the ECF, the induction programme and funding can be found at the Department for Education website. You can view all this information in the Early Career Framework Overview.