Students and staff at King's can donate items, as well as their time, to charity on our King's Campuses.
King's Volunteering partners with over 100 different community organisations, some of which rely on donations from the public. Sign up to King's Volunteering and discover over 130 opportunities online.
For this year’s Christmas Collection, From 17th November – 8th December, King’s Volunteering in collaboration with King’s Sports & Wellness Gyms will be collecting donations for the Lewisham Hub Donation. A full list of items can be found on their webpage, but we have detailed some below:
- Sanitary Products & Nappies
- Non-perishable food (e.g. cooking oil, pasta, tinned tomatoes, noodles...)
- Toiletries & Baby Products
- Pet food (for dogs & cats)
- Winter clothes (no under 2’s)
- Footwear (all ages)
- Soft toys
- Footballs, basketballs, rugby balls
- Colouring books, notebooks, crayons & stationary
Please note that all donations need to be in good condition, clean, working, and usable.
Where to find King's Volunteering Donation Stations:
- King's sport & wellness gyms/centres
- Strand Campus:
- Waterloo Campus:
- Guy's Campus:
- Unfortunately, our Donation Stations at Lavington Street and New Hunt's House are currently unavailable. Please drop off your donations to an alternative location.
- Denmark Hill Campus:
About Lewisham Donation Hub
Lewisham Donation Hub are a voluntary project set up in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The charity collect and organise donations of all kinds, which we then share with those facing hardship.
They provide a wide range of GENERAL SUPPORT and FOOD SUPPORT every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and have adedicated ‘Donation Day’ is every Sunday, 1-4pm @ Place Ladywell.
Volunteer with Lewisham Donation Hub
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our Lewisham Donation Hub. They meet and greet, distribute food, organise donations, fix bikes, chase down new sources of aid, collect & deliver, run our admin team - and bring hope and smiles to the amazing people that come to us for support.
If you would like to join the team, visit their webpage to find how you can get involved: https://lewishamdonationhub.org/
Set up your own donation drive
If you would like to organise a collection for a specific cause, please contact us via email at email@example.com with details of the items needed, and the organisation you wish to support.