Welcome to the Entrepreneurship Institute
The Entrepreneurship Institute is King's College London's dedicated entrepreneurship hub. We offer support opportunities for King’s students, staff and alumni of up to 7 years throughout their careers and start-up journeys.
Whether you want to think more innovatively and creatively in your chosen career, or you have an enterprising idea or running start-up of your own, we will support you on your journey to start and scale.
Our initiatives are designed to help you meet inspiring and entrepreneurial people; develop your entrepreneurial skills; increase your entrepreneurial experiences and create an entrepreneurial community where experiences are shared and enhanced.
Formerly established in 2015, in 2016 we celebrated our first birthday.
Our programmes are led and driven by the needs expressed by students, student led societies and the King's community and are delivered through four strands:
The Engage strand of the Institute is designed to increase your curiosity, confidence and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship & innovation. What does this mean for you?
- Feel inspired and motivated to control your destiny
- Feed your curiosity about entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Meet other people who've already started their own enterprise
- Explore your enterprising personality by taking part in student-led society and Institute events
- Apply for funding if you run a student society and want to develop entrepreneurial initiatives
Our activities are designed for students, staff and alumni and aim to help you:
- Develop an understanding of entrepreneurship and startups including investment, marketing, contracts and accounting
- Learn about the idea development process
- Develop resilience and understanding of common pitfalls
- Feel better equipped and confident when embarking on your startup journey
- Have a clear idea of how to implement your vision in your professional career or as a startup entrepreneur
- Build your own library of resources, templates and toolkits for future use
- Access multiple online and offline learning tools & platforms
The Support strand of the Entrepreneurship Institute is focused on accelerating the best startups from across King's College London from ideas into reality.
The Build strand of the Entrepreneurship Institute is about creating an ecosystem, both locally and globally of corporate connections to support entrepreneurship at King’s in order to add value for our stakeholders.
We provide our ecosystem with direct and indirect support from:
- Valuable external partners
- Experts in residence (XIRs)
- Exceptional entrepreneurs and business people
- A network of potential investors who form the audience of our annual demo day.
For further information please contact us.