The Entrepreneurship Institute aims to develop entrepreneurial thinking, skills and experiences amongst King’s students, staff and alumni. Their hugely successful and award-winning King’s20 Accelerator is back and will soon be taking applications.
The 12-month accelerator programme supports 20 high-potential ventures a year and offers office space, mentorship and practical support worth up to £60,000. The programme runs from September 2019 to September 2020 with a demo day for 100 leading investors held in June.
The accelerator programme is worth £60,000 in cash and in-kind, and includes:
- Three month intensive accelerator based around week-long sprint challenges.
- Nine months of follow-on including investor events every two weeks.
- Seven expert mentors (growth hacker, designer, technologist, investor and two leadership coaches) available each week, as well as regular external mentors.
- Access to £130,000 grant funding.
- Regular events and connections with the Entrepreneurship Institute's network of 200+ investors.
- Desk space for up to five team members.
- Two residential trips to learn leadership skills.
- A package worth £20,000 including 12-months free accounting, £15,000 cloud credits, Facebook credits, free marketing videos.
Alumni from any year or faculty are welcome to apply with start-up ideas from any sector. The accelerator is based in King’s new Bush House building, 30 Aldywch.
Visit the King's20 website for more information, and visit the application page to apply for the 2019/20 programme. Applications open on 15 April and close at 23:59 (GMT) on 9 June.