Dr Carlo Nicolai
Lecturer in Philosophy (Logic)
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 7664
Address Department of Philosophy
Room 602 Philosophy Building
London WC2R 2LS
Research interests and PhD supervision
I obtained my DPhil from the University of Oxford in 2014. Before joining King's, I was in Munich (MCMP) with a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship, and in Utrecht with a VENI (NWO) grant.
- Logic (logical paradoxes, formal theories of truth and abstraction)
- Philosophy of Logic and Language (formal theories of consequence, truth-theoretic deflationism)
- Philosophy of Mathematics (implicit commitment, reflection principles, reductive proof-theory)
- "On the costs of nonclassical logic", Journal of Philosophical Logic, Volume 47, Issue 2, pp 227–257 April 2018.
- "Provably true sentences across axiomatizations of Kripke's theory of truth", Studia Logica, Volume 106, Issue 1, pp. 101-130, February 2018.
- "Equivalences for truth predicates", The Review of Symbolic Logic, Volume 10, Issue 2 June 2017 , pp. 322-356.
I teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules in Logic.