Stem Cells @ Lunch
Stem Cells @ Lunch is a fortnightly lunchtime seminar series, hosted by the Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine as a forum for early career scientists to discuss recent data and current topics in an informal setting.
We are always looking for great speakers (from all career stages), so if you’re interested in presenting then please contact Davide Danovi
or Ines Sequeira
If you’re not already a member of the King's "Stem Cell mailing list", and you’d like to receive regular e-mails with the programme, then please contact Professor Watt's Executive Assistant
You can also follow us on Twitter @KCLstemcells
The location for all SC@L seminars is:
Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine
28th floor, Tower Wing
Please follow signs for "Seminar Room 2" from the 28th floor lift lobby.
Introducing Stem Cells @ Lunch digested
You can now follow the research at CSCRM by following our new PODCAST series
! Subscribe and send your comments here
TUESDAY 5th December 2017 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"TGF-β superfamily signalling - an exploration in space and time"
Group Leader, Francis Crick Institute
"Scalable production of Cell and Gene Therapies"
Technical Lead Industrialisation Scientist Cell and Gene therapy catapult
TUESDAY 16th JANUARY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"DIY for human NK cells"
Professor of Immunology, Department of Life Sciences at Imperial College London, South Kensington campus
"Chasing antiviral RNA interference in mammalian cells"
Wolfson UCL Excellence Fellow, Division of Infection and Immunity University College London
TUESDAY 30th JANUARY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Urine-derived cells from ciliopathy patients show phenotypic aberrations as potential read-outs for therapeutic interventions"
Ms Katia Nazmutdinova
PhD Candidate, Experimental and Personalised Medicine Program, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
"Seeing inside the body: how do we visualise the distribution of transplanted stems cells?"
Research Associate UCL, Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging
TUESDAY 27th FEBRUARY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Dissecting the regulation of muscle regeneration by live cell imaging"
Principal Investigator Craniofacial development and Stem Cell Biology, KCL
"Use of Adipose Derived Stem Cells for nerve repair in a novel construct"
Group Leader Centre for Cell Engineering, Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology, Glasgow
TUESDAY 6th MARCH 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Imaging adhesion signalling events in health and disease"
Professor of Cell Biology, Director: NIC@KCL Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics
"The challenges of advances in medical science: a different angle"
Bishop of Swindon and Former Immunology Lecturer at UMDS
TUESDAY 20th MARCH 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"How do stem cells find their niche?"
Sir Henry Dale Research Fellow, King's College London
"Defining airway stem cells relevant to long term regeneration in humans"
Research Associate at Lungs for Living Research Centre UCL Respiratory
TUESDAY 17th APRIL 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Epithelial stem cell fate plasticity; a mouse oesophageal model"
Group Leader Wellcome Trust-MRC Stem Cell Institute Gleeson Building University of Cambridge
"Effects of culture media on human pluripotent stem cells"
Research Associate Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology (IRDB), Imperial College London
TUESDAY 15th MAY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Advances in cellular and molecular image analysis"
Associate Professor, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam
"From Microscopic Histology Images to Macroscopic Motifs"
Turing Fellow, Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award Holder, The Alan Turing Institute
TUESDAY 29th MAY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Epigenetics and cancer cell self-renewal"
Group Leader The Francis Crick Institute
"How to be a modern scientist"
Principal Research Associate PI Chronic UTI Group, Centre for Nephrology, UCL
TUESDAY 12th JUNE 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Physics of epithelial folding"
The Francis Crick Institute
"Senescence: from young to old and back again?"
Senior Lecturer and Director of Graduate Studies Blizard Institute
TUESDAY 26th JUNE 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Diversity and Inclusion at King's and beyond"
Director of Diversity & Inclusion King’s College London
"Pluripotency, plasticity (and process) development"
Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
TUESDAY 17th JULY 2018 (12:00 - 1:00pm)
"Stem cell size heterogeneities and cell fate"
Sir Henry Wellcome postdoctoral Fellow, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology
"Virus manipulation of cell metabolism: tropism and pathogenesis"
Research Associate, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology
Previous Speakers in 2017
Previous Speakers in 2016:
- Dr Caroline Hill (Group Leader Francis Crick Institute)
- Mike Delahaye (Technical Lead Industrialisation Scientist Cell and Gene therapy catapult)
- Dr Lorenzo Veschini (Lecturer in Recontructive Sciences, King's College London)
- Dr Yan Yan Shery Huang (Fellow in Engineering, Homerton College, University of Cambridge)
- Dr Jonathan Chubb (Group Leader MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Department of Cell and Development)
- Oliver Baker (Head of Gene Editing & Embryology Core (GEEC), King’s College London)
- Dr Soon Seng Ng (Research Associate CSCRM, King's College London)
- Dr Thea Stewart (Diabetes & Nutritional Sciences, King’s College London)
- Dr. Francesco Iorio (Senior Bioinformatician European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute)
- Gemma Milne (Science & Tech Journalist and Co-Founder Science Disrupt)Gemma Milne (Science & Tech Journalist and Co-Founder Science Disrupt)
- Rosalind Hannen (Centre for Cell Biology & Cutaneous Research The Blizard Institute Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry)
- Dr Joana F Neves (Marie Sklodowska-Curie postDoctoral Fellow Department of Experimental Immunobiology, King's College London, London)
- Dr. Ruben Deogracias (Senior Postdoctoral – Research Associate Department of Developmental Neurobiology, King's College London)
- Ravi Desai (Head of Making, Science Technology Platform Crick Institute)
- Nathan Benaich (Investor and Technologist Former CSCRM, Former Playfair Capital)
- Dr Dinis Calado (Group leader, Immunity and Cancer Laboratory; The Francis Crick Institute and King’s College London)
- Dr Franziska Denk (Wolfson Centre for Age-Related Diseases)
- Dr Joo-Hyeon Lee (Group Leader Cambridge Stem Cell Institute University of Cambridge)
- Miss Giulia Cavaliere (Wellcome Trust PhD candidate in Silvia Camporesi's lab, Bioethics & Society at the Department of Social Science, Health and Medicine King’s College London)
- Florian Markowetz (Group Leader University of Cambridge)
- Dr Edouard Hannezo (University of Cambridge)
- Dr. Varuna R. Aluvihare, PhD MRCP (Consultant Hepatologist / Transplant Physician Institute of Liver Studies King’s College Hospital Denmark Hill)
- Dr Ciro Chiappini (Principal Investigator CFD King's College)
- Prof Mathieu Bolen (Laboratory of Biosignaling & Therapeutics, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Campus Gasthuisberg)
- Dr Pawel Paszek (BBSRC David Phillips Fellow, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester)
- Lucia Salz (Research Intern at Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at King's College London)
- Dr Saeed Shoaie (Lecturer in Host-Microbiome Systems Biology, CHMI - Centre for Host-Microbiome Interactions, King’s College London)Prof
- Jason Swedlow (Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression University of Dundee)
- Dr Kifayathullah Liakath-Ali (Post-doc, CSCRM, King’s College London)
- Dr Fabrice Caudron (King’s Prize and London Law Trust Fellow Randall Division, King's College London)
- Dr Nic Tapon (Francis Crick Institute)
- Dr Elisa Laurenti (Group Leader, Wellcome Trust - Medical Research Council Cambridge Stem Cell Institute, Centre for Haematopoiesis and Leukemia Research, Department of Haematology, Univerity of Cambridge)
- Dr Chris Baker (Business Development Manager, Cancer Research Technology)
- Dr Matt Donne (Fellow, University of California San Francisco
- Dr Alexandra Spencer (AMRSB Officer, Royal Society of Biology)
- Dr Ophir Klein (Principal Investigator, University of California San Francisco (UCSF))
- Dr James Briscoe (Group Leader, Developmental Dynamics Laboratory, The Francis Crick Institute)
- Dr Beth Cimini (Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, USA)
- Prof Franca Fraternali (Randall Division of Cellular and Molecular Biophysics, King’s College London
- Dr Angela Goncalves (Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute)
- Dr Matthew J Daniels (BHF Oxbridge Centre of Regenerative Medicine)
- Dr Hugh Wright (Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford)
- Dr Pawel Paszek (Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester)
- Mr Jim Bending (Animator and Developer)
- Dr Silvia Santos (Quantitative Cell Biology Group, MRC-Imperial College London)
- Dr Helena Kilpinen(UCL Institute of Child Health and Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute)
- Dr Sara-Jane Dunn (Microsoft Research Limited)Dr Beth Cimini (Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT)
- Dr Natalia Riobo (The Hedgehog Lab, University of Leeds)
- Dr Alvaro Mata (School of Engineering & Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London)
- Dr Ilaria Malanchi (Group Leader, Francis Crick Institute)
- Dr Inês Sequeira (Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine, King's College London)
- Dr Sascha Ott (Warwick Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick)
- Dr Emanuele De Rinaldis (Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and King's College London NIHR Biomedical Research Centre)
- Zoe Vincent (Thompson group, The Francis Crick Institute)
- Dr Madeline A Lancaster (Group Leader of the lab Human brain development in cerebral organoids, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge)
- Dr Tuzer Kalkan (Wellcome Trust-MRC Cambridge Stem Cell Institute)
- Dr Fiona Lewis (Centre of Human & Aerospace Physiological Sciences, King’s College London)
- Dr Harry Leitch (Reprogramming and Chromatin Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, University of Cambridge)
- Dr Till Bretschneider (Warwick Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick)
- Dr Francesca Ciccarelli (Division of Cancer Studies, King's College London)
- Dr Molly Lowndes (Centre for Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine, King's College London
- Dr Su Lwin (Genetic Skin Disease Group, St John's Institute of Dermatology,King's College London)
- Mr David Martin (Vice President, Stantec Architecture)
- Prof Robin Gill (Emeritus Professor of Applied Theology, University of Kent)
- Mr Georgios Theocharidis (Centre for Cell Biology and Cutaneous Research, Blizard Institute, Queen Mary University of London)
- Dr Oliver Keminer (Drug Discovery Scientist, Biomarker Discovery and Stem Cell research, IME ScreeningPort Fraunhofer)
- Dr Ole Pless (Senior Scientist, Biomarker Discovery and Stem Cell research, IME ScreeningPort Fraunhofer)
- Dr Gilbert Fruhwirth (Imaging Chemistry & Biology, King's College London)
- Dr Gabor Foldes (National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London)
- Prof Ian Mackenzie (Institute of Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London)
- Prof Manuel Salmeron-Sanchez (School of Engineering, University of Glasgow)
Previous Speakers in 2015:
- Dr Lilian Hook (RAFT [Restoration of Appearance and Function Trust])Dr Natascha Bushati (Nature Cell Biology)
- Dr Jorge Soza Ried (Lymphocyte Development Group - MRC Clinical Sciences Centre / Imperial College London)
- Dr Florian Merkle (Wellcome Trust-MRC Institute of Metabolic Science, University of Cambridge)
- Dr Francesca Cesari (Nature)
- Dr Sandra Blanco (Stem Cell Institute, University of Cambridge)
- Prof Corinne Houart (MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King's College London)
- Prof Eric So (Leukaemia & Stem Cell Biology Group, King's College London)
- Prof Nicola Elvassore (Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova)
- Dr Thomas Iskratsch (Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King’s College London)
- Dr Snezhana Oliferenko (Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King’s College London)
- Dr Cristina Azevedo (MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London)
- Dr Benjamin Werner (The Institute of Cancer Research)
- Dr Paola Bonfanti (Institute of Child Health, University College London)
- Dr Peter Thorpe (The Francis Crick Institute)
- Dr Ajay Mishra (Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, King's College London)
- Dr Attila Csikasz-Nagy (Institute for Mathematical and Molecular Biomedicine, King's College London)
- Professor Peter S Zammit (Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King's College London)