When can I apply?
You can apply for 19/20 accommodation from 21 January 2019 and remain open until 30 September 2019.
How do I apply?
You will will apply via the online Application portal
. Your username will be your Student ID Number and your password will be your date of birth in the format of DDMMYY.
Am I eligible to apply for accommodation at King’s?
Only King’s College London prospective students who hold a conditional or unconditional firm offer for a full time course will be eligible to apply for accommodation for the academic year in which their course commences. This applies to:
- First year undergraduates (including those on Study Abroad and Pre-Sessional programmes),
- New postgraduates (who have not previously been enrolled on a course of study at KCL); and
- Returning students (both undergraduates and postgraduates).
Applicants below the age of 16 years old on move-in day are not eligible to apply for KCL accommodation.
Am I guaranteed accommodation?
All applicants applying before midnight on 31th May 2019 and if they meet the following conditions:
• Have King’s College London as their firm choice for the 2019/20 academic year, for a full-time course,
• Apply by midnight on Friday, 31 May 2019 (UK time)
• They have not already been offered accommodation for the year of application.
When will I be made an offer of accommodation?
- Applications received between 21 January and 31 May 2019 qualify for the accommodation guarantee and offers will be made between February and June 2019.
- Applications received after 31 May do not qualify for the accommodation guarantee and, subject to availability, offers will be made from June 2019 onwards, including for those applying after A-level results.
Can I choose the residence I will be allocated to?
Allocations are done based on the room type and residences that you indicate on your application. The requests you make are EQUALLY ranked, cannot be distinguished in order of highest to lowest priority and are not guaranteed.
How long does it take to complete my application?
It should take you no more than 10 minutes to complete your application.
Will I receive an acknowledgment once my application is completed?
Yes. Once you have completed your application and clicked submit, you will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your application. This email will be sent to the email address you registered with on King’s Apply – please ensure that this address is current and you have access to it.
I have a disability, how will you process my application?
Please ensure that you enter the relevant information on your application. A member of our team will contact you to ensure we can offer you accommodation that meets your needs.
Can I choose my contract length?
Yes you can select your preferred contract length when applying. Please note:
- Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy students should select a 48 week contract to ensure they have accommodation during their placement.
- Postgraduate students will only be able to select 51 week contracts.
- Study Abroad students will need to select whether they are a One Term or Full Year student.