Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

Entry requirements

In order to apply for study abroad at King's, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be registered on as a student at your home university for the duration of your time at King's (i.e you cannot be on a leave of absence from your degree) and your university is transferring at least some of the credits earned at King's towards your degree

  • Undergraduate students must be registered on a BA/BSc/LLB or equivalent degree 
  • Undertaken a minimum of 1 year of university level study (by the time you start at King’s)

  • A cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above on a 4.0 scale; or its equivalent (you can use the PG entry requirement scale . Please note this is indicative only and the Admissions team will confirm once you have applied).

  • A relevant academic background:  It is important that you have the necessary academic background for each module you wish to be considered for. Please see under Eligibility.

  • If you have any questions about your qualifications or the entry requirements, please contact us.

  • Postgraduate students should note that some departments/modules are only available to postgraduate students nominated under a specific departmental exchange.  We do not accept fee-paying Law students at postgraduate level.

English language requirements

Study Abroad students must meet King's Band B English Language Requirements. Further information on English Language Requirements, including IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, and Cambridge Advanced Certificate criteria can be found in the relevant column on King's main English language requirements webpages (under Band B):

Semester students who have not taken IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson etc can submit an English proficiency letter, using a template that will be provided by Admissions after submitting an application.  Partner universities can contact for a copy of the template.

Applicants currently studying at a US university are exempt from providing proof of English Language proficiency.

For further information about the pre-sessional English language course please visit King's Foundations' webpages.

You can apply before you have completed/received the result of an English Language test, but any offer will be conditional until proof of meeting the English level requirement is provided.  No CAS or Visa sponsorship can be issued until a student holds an unconditional offer.


How to Apply


Find out how to apply to study abroad at King's College London.

How to Apply


Find out how to apply to study abroad at King's College London.