Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico

Exchange Research placements

For current students attending a university overseas, wishing to complete a research-based placement with an academic at King's College London.

In order to fully understand the process you are recommended to carefully read the information outlined in the tabs below.

Students are expected to secure a place with an academic supervisor directly, after which they must complete a  King’s College London Application using the  King’s Apply  portal.

The application must be completed at least one month ahead of the intended start date, but preferably 3-5 months ahead of this date, especially if the placement is over 6 months.

Regarding attending the research placement under an Erasmus+ Traineeship.

Please make sure you have first talked to your home university's International Office, to ensure they are able to authorise a Traineeship in the UK at King's, and do so without a new Inter-Institutional Agreement (IIA).
We are not able to sign these solely for traineeships or to accommodate individual students' wishes.

Students must complete an Erasmus+ Learning Agreement for Traineeships indicating the intended learning outcomes of the placement. This must be signed by the King’s academic supervisor, the home institution and the student themselves. It is required that students complete this learning agreement, including attaining all required signatures, ahead of starting the application process. Students are expected to upload their completed Erasmus+ Learning Agreement for Traineeships to the Research Proposal  section in the King’s Apply portal upon application. 

It is the responsibility of the home institution to provide the training agreement template to their student.

Please note King's will not currently sign any new exchange agreement for Traineeships only, so only Erasmus+ Traineeships that can be done without new IIAs are suitable.

Global Mobility team

For general enquiries about studying abroad at King’s, module queries, questions about orientation, or if you’re just not sure where best to direct your question

K0.57, King's Building, Strand Campus, Strand, London, WC2R 2LS

Study Abroad at King's

Study Abroad at King’s

Study abroad at King's College London. Come to the heart of London for a full academic year or one…