Professor Meg Maguire
Professor of Sociology of Education
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 3150
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 3182
My research is in the sociology of education, urban education and policy. I have a long-standing interest in the lives of teachers and have explored issues of class, race, gender and age in teachers' social and professional worlds. I have conducted ESRC-funded research into the experiences of minority ethnic trainee teachers, post-compulsory transitions and multi-agency policy in challenging school exclusion in urban primary schools.
For further information please see my Research Staff Profile
- MA Education, Policy & Society
- MA Education & Professional Studies
- MA Child Studies
- MPhil/PhD research training programme
- Visiting Professor at Victoria University, Melbourne, 2013 – 2016.
- Member of international support group for the New Zealand based ‘Research, Analysis and Insight into National Standards’ (RAINS) Project, led by Professor Martin Thrupp, Waikato University NZ.