The Archives hold a unique and internationally significant range of archival and printed sources,ensuring their preservation and providing access to King's students, academics and other colleagues, the global research community and the general public.
The Archives Reading Room will be open from Wednesday 12 May to staff and students of King’s College London and by prior arrangement only.
Opening hours are restricted to Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10.00-16.00
Please contact us via email@example.com to schedule an appointment at least 3 working days beforehand and include the following information:
- details of your course, programme of study or area of research;
- proposed dates for your visit;
- catalogue references for the material you would like to see
Please also note:
- We may not be able to retrieve additional items for you on the day.
- To ensure social distancing, our Reading Room will have a limited capacity so it might not be possible to accommodate your preferences.
We continue to offer a remote enquiry service to all our users and will accept requests for the use of quotations or digital images in published works, online or for other commercial and non-commercial purposes. We will also provide general information about our collections, advice on how to search our catalogue and invite you to explore our online exhibitions, Research Guides and other resources via the tabs and links below.
For anyone hoping to deposit with us, please send as much detail as possible and note that any review or collection of material will not be possible until we have fully reopened, and both social distancing and travel restrictions have been lifted.
If you are a member of King’s teaching staff and wish to arrange online sessions for your students in archival research skills and/or exploring archive material from our collections, please email your requirements and we shall contact you to discuss as soon as possible.
For the latest information on all Libraries & Collections' services, please visit our Coronavirus update webpage
The rich and extensive collections of the King’s College London Archives including the Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives - are continually growing.
Collection strengths include:
- History of King's College London and its merged institutions
- Military and defence studies
- Travel and exploration
- Empire and Commonwealth
- History of medicine and nursing
- History of modern Greece
- English Literature (20th Century)
- History of science
Find out more about using the archives