Dr Mary Webb
Reader in IT in Education
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 3116
I have developed and researched the use of digital technologies in learning and teaching since computers first appeared in schools and I taught Computing/ICT and Science in secondary schools and all subjects in primary schools for 13 years. I also worked in Hertfordshire Advisory Service providing advice and professional development on ICT for schools and co-ordinated the Modus Computer Based modelling Project, developing software and curriculum materials.
Since 1998 I have been at KCL where my teaching and research interests are focused on aspects of pedagogy with Computing/ICT, professional development of teachers in the use of digital technologies, use of computer-mediated-communication for Teacher Education and formative assessment. I am currently the Director of the Computer Science/information Technology PGCEs and the MA Computing in Education.
- Pedagogy for Computer Science Education
- Technology Mediated Learning in schools
- Use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs) in education and their effects on teacher education and children's learning
- Development and evaluation of educational software
- Development and use of computer based assessments
- Computer based modelling in education
- Use of ICT in science education
- The teaching and learning of ICT skills, knowledge and understanding
- Formative assessment and associated pedagogy in primary and secondary schools
- Use of Web-based learning environments to support teacher education
- Immersive Learning environments
For further details please see my Research Staff Profile
I am a member of the following ECS research group:
Centre for Research in Education in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics with a specialism in Technology Mediated Learning.
- PGCE (Professional Studies and Computer Science/Information Technology, Subject director for the PGCEs in Computer Science/Information Technology)
- MA Computing in Education modular co-ordinator for: 'Recent Developments in digital technologies and Education' and E-learning theory and practice'. Other MA modules: 'Recent developments in Science Education’
- Doctorate in Education