Honor Oak Park (HOP)
Grounds Contact: Mr John Baigan
King's College Sports Ground, Brockley Rise, London, SE23 1NW
Tel: 020 8613 9432 / 07717151457
Out of hours contact:
The current number for out of hours emergency contact is: 07832274000 This number will change from time to time. Please do not use this number except for emergencies. Thank you.
The Ground offers two floodlit artificial pitches, one primarily for hockey and the other multi-purpose. There is also one grass rugby pitch, one grass football pitch, a large grass training area, summer tennis as well as social and changing facilities based in our brand new pavilion.
The artificial pitches provide excellent floodlit training and five-a-side football facilities open to all King’s students and staff and a first class facility for the numerous College hockey teams, who play their home games on the pitches. We also continue to work with Stillness Junior and Infant Schools who use the ground on a regular basis, and welcome other local schools and sports clubs who would like to hire facilities at the Ground.
The recent addition of the artificial pitches have been a very welcome addition to the King’s College sports provision and with the new pavilion completed in March 2013 the Ground is already a source of pride for the whole College.
- Hire of Facilities: B ookings from local schools/sports clubs etc are welcome subject to availability. Please contact the Ground Manager for more information.
- Facilities for disabled users: T he ground is fully accessible.
- Local community use: We continue to work with Stillness Junior and Infant Schools who use the ground on a regular basis and now have direct access. Other local schools and sports clubs are welcomed .
- Alumni: T he ground is also is home for 2 well established alumni clubs: Guy’s Rugby club and King’s and Alleyn’s Hockey club, with both clubs encouraging King’s students to join.
Book a pitch:
Directions to Honor Oak Park
London Bridge - Honor Oak Park
Please go to www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times.
Directions from the station: Turn left out of the station* and walk down Honor Oak Park Road. Continue over the cross roads with Stondon Park Road a short distance until you reach Brockley Rise. Turn left onto Brockley Rise and walk downhill 200m. The Sportground is located on the right-hand side past a primary school.
* On exiting Honor Oak Park station please ignore incorrect signage to Honor Oak Park and turn left following sign to Guy's Hospital Athletic Ground.
Exit the M25 at Junction 3 and pick up the A20 (Sidcup Road). Beyond Mottingham turn left onto the South Circular (A205). Continue on the South Circular (A205). At Brockley Rise (B218) turn right. Turn right at crossroads with Honor Oak Park, then shortly turn left onto Brockley Rise. The Entrance to the sports ground is on the right hand side just past the primary school.
Click here to see a map of the ground on www.streetmap.co.uk