Host a King's Intern
|Our specialist King's Internships team work closely with students through bespoke programmes designed to aide experiential and reflective learning and with employers to generate and curate bespoke opportunities.|
Programmes provide bespoke, quality-assured internships as part of a programme of study or as co-curricular opportunities for students both in the UK and internationally.
Whichever programme you choose to engage in, our team will work closely together with your organisation to develop, promote and support your opportunities to the most relevant student cohorts.
Please note King's is currently rebuilding our internship portfolio for 2020 onwards, and as such we are not currently able to offer every programme. Contact us for full details.
Other internship opportunities
Depending on your needs, our provision includes:
- consultancy and support in defining bespoke internships which are valued by our students' aspirations and areas of interest.
- globally aware King's Internships Advisers and Employer Relations & Development Advisers, focussed on your hiring needs and familiar with your local, culture and visa requirements.
- administrative support and assurance that candidates have the required knowledge, attributes, skills and experiences.
- application management, screening and shortlisting service.
- comprehensive advertising and communications support provided by our internal marketing team, raising your organisation's visibility on campus and among our student and alumni cohorts.
- full support, training and guidance for students in advance of their internship, ensuring they are sufficiently equipped for their experience.
- responsive team support before, throughout and after the internship, plus plenty of opportunities for increased brand awareness through case studies and blogs.
If your existing internship does not fit with one of our schemes, you can still advertise your internship free of charge on King's CareerConnect which is accessed by nearly 2,500 students and recent graduates on a daily basis.
Benefits of hosting an intern
- Cost effective method of recruiting and evaluating potential employees
- Flexible source of quality candidates for ad-hoc or short-term projects
- Increased brand awareness and visibility for the organisation among King's College London students
- International interns can help increase cultural diversity within the workplace
- An injection of fresh perspectives, ideas and up-to-date professional skills
- Mentors/supervisors can develop their leadership/managerial skills, up-skilling you workforce and improving staff retention;
"We are really pleased with the outcome and the process has been extremely efficient and well run. Many thanks indeed for this. We will certainly recommend King's to any of our peers who are looking to recruit interns going forward." Mark Woodhams, Partner, Origin Capital, London - June 2018
"Working with highly qualified interns from Kings College London has helped us to now share the important research that the local Government of Medellin produces worldwide." Medellin City Council, Colombia - August 2018